Thursday 28 November 2013

A proper book party



there in the foreground lies this season's most coveted book

I was going to say launch, but with that wicked punch, endless rows of pink bubbles.... and don't get me started on the sublime pork pate-  it really was a very good party.

WIth The Book lounge in Roeland street as the perfect venue, our fabulous and now famous Marie from '66 square feet'  reigned supreme last night.

I would describe the book to you in all it’s delicious detail- but they’re gone- yes, all of them.....snatched up even faster than those delicious morsels of crispy pork rind!

I can tell you that everyone was there and we loved the question and answer session with the vivacious Sam Woulidge of Confessions of a hungry woman fame.

Whispers overheard amongst the books ....'so thoughtful', 'captivating', 'intelligent', 'witty' - and as you can see Marie signed all those books as if she were born to do it.

Off to Kalahari.net to secure my copy - .now I just need it signed...,,




drive by- drive home


14 comments:

  1. Look at that crowd! So thrilled to see the goddess so well received in her native land.

    Beautiful pictures as always.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. What a crowd! Marie looks relaxed and happy. Thank you for posting the pictures so we can enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donatella- Marie filled upstairs and downstairs!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Marsha you are such a good cook, knew you'd love it!

      Delete
  4. Honoured that you posted about the book party. I miss your posts, Karen. They are my Cape Town fix. It was lovely to see you and I loved your winecoolers, erm, punch bowls. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes you climbing on a plane and flying all the way over here to get a post out of me! kxx

      Delete
  5. Karen!!!!! So nice to see you again. I was lucky enough to win Marie's book from a giveaway that Jane from Small but Charming had a couple of months ago and I just love it. Don't stay away so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amelia! I know, it's been unmanageably busy this side, but I think I have everything under control now.......(should never have said that!) kx

      Delete
  6. I miss your blog, Karen Bekker. It was Cape Town's best. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...