Monday 23 July 2012

of trees and clouds


I'm meditating on the art teacher's beautiful 'drive by' tree and cloud pictures, you see it's been that kind of week.

It all started with the fridge, deciding to go warm, closely followed by the oven going cold, then my trusted car- really an extension of myself, snapped a few gear links and had to be towed.

Sanity and work were saved by fantastic mechanic Andrew, surely motivated by my wimpering and slight sobbing on the phone, he made a plan and welded some 'thingeys' together until my new parts arrive.

Slightly braver and sure my luck had to change, I buried my hands in 3 days of serious catering, only to be dealt the 'et tu Brute' blow- yes, the washing machine, not to be outdone- he tired of spinning.

And so, as I start this week, wringing clothes by hand and keeping a close watch on the kettle and toaster, join me in escaping to serenity of these magnificent clouds and trees.










6 comments:

  1. Ouch Karen. Just last week a friend went through some similar (not as bad) breakdowns, she attributed it to something called "mercury in retrograde", could there be something to this? Pictures are awesome, the first one looks like a painting. Here's to a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia- Thank you- I think there is definitely something in it, as I write I'm googling to see when Mercury un-retrogrades!
      Until then- I'm lying low....

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear. I have those weeks where it seems everything I touch ends up broken. Hope you work your way out of this unexpected low cycle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle- its a nasty trick that it always happens when you least need it to happen!

      Delete
  3. lovely pictures, crappy luck....
    :-(
    I have a seriously large pile of cd's for that art teacher, from my honey.
    we should get together, listen to music, drink some and commiserate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily - that sounds like the antidote I'm needing, art teacher excited x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...